Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

'The Simpsons' Renewed for Two More Seasons





   Well Hot Dog!  We have a weiner!  'The Simpsons' have been saved for two more seasons.  A contract dispute between the voice actors and the producers threatened to end the series, but Fox announced that it will air through seasons 24 and 25.   Negotiations went late into last week, but were eventually rescued by...........................................................oh, let’s say Moe...


"Each actor makes a reported $8 million a year for their work on “The Simpsons,” and Fox said the show could not continue without pay cuts. Earlier Friday, Shearer said producers demanded a 45 percent reduction."


"Shearer said he’d told producers he’d be willing to accept a 70 percent pay cut, but in return the actors wanted “a tiny share” of the billions of dollars in profits the show has earned through syndication and marketing. The show’s creators, Matt Groening and James L. Brooks, have profit participation but the actors have been rebuffed in efforts to join them




That's a spicy meatball!  A spokesman for Twentieth Century Fox Television, said Friday he had no comment on Shearer’s statement.   I can only imagine it went something like this (again, just a guess).   On the terms of the new deal, The Simpsons producer Al Jean said, "I can't quote on the specifics, but I think I both sides are happy. I believe this new deal.........well.......let's just say it moved me.........................TO A BIGGER HOUSE..........woops....I said the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet."  (Again just a speculation)


As much of a huge fan I am of 'The Simpsons' , I believe the show's great run ended 12 years ago, right around the time key Simpsons writers left for 'Futurama'.  With fewer network TV channels showing Simpsons reruns, I can only imagine these next two seasons will be catered for a Comedy Central syndication.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment